Pinterest has become a great force in the social media world and it is gaining great influence not just in introducing innovative products for the customers in a visual business place, but also in growing sales. Various research prove the solid impact of Pinterest on the buying behavior of the customers. Wishpond reports that the Pinterest referrals astoundingly spend 70 percent more as compared to all other social media referrals. Another report from ComScore says that Pinterest customers expend more money, too often and on far great number of items, as compared to top social media websites. This is quite stimulating for anyone who is aiming to become a valuable part of this wonderful social media community and get amazing benefits.
What is unique in Pinterest? Why does Pinterest attract a large number of buyers?
Actually, people are stimulated to buy due to visual appeal. We are very much interested to see the looks of a product, the way it works and the methods to use it. More importantly, we are happy to realize that our things are liked and are also attractive for other people as well. This knowledge of appreciation by others encourages us to know more about the latest growing trends and enable us to update ourselves about the next prominent thing that we can utilize.
Pinterest is designed in a perfect way to fulfill all those requirements and being an owner of a small business, you can acquire certain benefits with it. Pinterest can be used significantly to generate a large selection of wish lists for generating the desire for your products in the customers' mind. Check out the following to know how you can sign up and get maximum output from a Pinterest Business account.
How to Get Started? – Making a Pinterest Business Account
Convert your existing personal Pinterest account to a business account or set up a new business account. (The business accounts offer various tool and there are excellent benefits attached to this account that are outlined later in the article)
Choose a username. Username is unique for every user, offering a name length of 3-15 characters. (You must use keywords that relate to your business in the URL. This will enable you to improve your search engine rankings)
- Complete the profile information.
- Basic Information part
- Email notifications
- Add links of other social media networks like Facebook, Twitter.
Upload profile picture for Pinterest Home page (Profile images are square on Pinterest). Pinterest chooses the center square of images apart from the content. Therefore, if you are using a portrait image as a head shot, only some part of your face will be visible in the profile, so before uploading the image, try to adjust the image size and make it into a square format. Keep in mind that this account is about your business. You may choose to pin images that are fun but your profile image must be very professional, so you can either choose the logo of the company or a very decent professional headshot.
Enter a Profile name
Enter complete details in the 'About Description' section. (For description, you have a limit of 200 characters but ensure that you include main keywords relating your business in order to maximize the optimization opportunities)
Install 'Pin it' button on to your bookmark toolbar.
Email- You must verify this requirement by using your email before you begin working on Pinterest.
Website- Pinterest enables the business users to include the address of their website in the public profile. The verified websites include a red check mark telling others that the website is complete safe to visit. These builds your confidence immediately.
Start Building Your Boards
Open 'Create a Board' link.
Enter a name of your board (For maximizing the Pinterest appeal, choose unique and interesting board names, attractive titles and have a balanced mix of social as well as business boards. Inspiration, Pets, Travel, Holiday (Christmas, Easter etc), Tutorials , DIYs are good options for social boards. Also, create boards to market and showcase your business products, services, professional help and customer tips etc.)
Complete the 'Board Description' (Remember to use keywords as the description is also searchable)
Choose a category for your board (Once you put the board in a particular category, it will be visible to other people who are not your followers when they browse through a category. Otherwise, limited people can view your pins in contrast to your board or Profile followers.
Make your board either secret or public. The secret boards are visible only to people whom you invite and it can not be searched. You have the option of making a secret board public, but you can not use a public board as a secret one.
Create at least 5 boards having an excellent range of themes; Ideally, each board must be having at minimum 15-20 images.
Add Images – 'Pinning'
Preferably, you must look to add 5-10 images every day. Doing this will not only keep the profile active and fresh, it will be beneficial for followers and fan base to keep visiting your boards; Especially, if the content is informative and amusing. (Certain websites like PinGraphy.com offer paid services that allows the users to automatically schedule and pin pictures at the chosen date and time, meaning that you have to upload images in one bulk lot and the website will automatically take care of the next steps) .
You have the option to add an image (called as a 'PIN') to your boards from a variety of sources:
Choose From Pinterest Search
- Find image for pinning
- Click on 'Pin It'
- Choose any of you boards from the 'Board' dropdown
- Enter description
- Click on the red 'Pin it' button
Add From Your Pinterest Board
- Click 'Add a Pin' button.
- You can add images from your computer, from any website or from the Pinterest website (when you pin your own image, ensure that there is a proper file name as on Pinterest the name of the file becomes the image title.
- Choose a board to pin image from dropdown. When you pin an image to any of your business boards, remember to take complete benefit of keywords to be added in the description box as well as the title.
Add From Online Sources
- Search an image you wish to add as a pin
- Click on the Pin it button on your bookmark toolbar
- Select the image
- Select the board from the dropdown to pin it.
- Enter a description
- Click on Pin it.
How to Find Images to Pin?
You have the option to pin images from a wide range of sources.
- Keep on searching and repining the latest popular images (You must keep on connecting with maximum people. It is really good to use popular appealing images that can lure other people to repin the images on their boards and like them).
- Search images that other community members have repinated several times and repin these pins regularly to your boards.
- Find images that are unique, funny, surprising and appealing. These type of pins have the tendency to go viral (Each time someone repins a photo, the particular board it belongs to is visible to the re-pinner with the option to follow the board or the profile. As it gives a chance to open up the business profile to maximum people and higher re-pins means that more people will view and visit the profile and business website)
- For keeping the users engaged and refreshing the content, always pin images from the latest trending themes and topics.
- Stay in touch with the social media websites in order to view the interests of people.
- For generating the maximum interest of the users, pin range of your business products and services with relevant info graphics, guides and how to do information.
- Find images on Pinterest that relate to the board theme you desire to add a pin to. (Enter the keywords in the 'search' box right at the top of Pinterest page. This will be a really helpful starting point for you to begin exploring)
- Pin few examples about the top 10 features as several online magazines as well as newspapers have very unique 'The top 10 …' features that include things like top 10 hairstyles, top 5 resorts, top 7 astonishing facts etc.
Boost Traffic on Pinterest
Add relevant Keywords to your:
- User name
- 'About' section of profile
- Board Names
- Description of boards
- File Names of images
- Description of images
Always add links to the information and captions of your posts. These links have great worth, as they remain live. It does not matter how many times the images are repined; They will generate traffic for your business website.
Include a link in the pin by editing the uploaded images. Use different techniques including contests to increase the engagement, like Pin to Win.
Add links of your other social media accounts on Pinterest.
Use the 'Follow me on Pinterest' button for your Twitter and Facebook accounts (It makes it quite easy to share pines on different social media websites)
Add the tab of Pinterest on your Facebook page (You can do this by using Facebook developer application or you can visit the www.woobox.com to get a free application)
Do not forget to add a 'Pin It' button on your website and blog.
Send invitations to friends via email, Twitter, Facebook or search them on Pinterest.
Follow the users and Pinterest boards that have large number of follower base.
Follow back the ones who have re-pinned any of your pins or who have followed you.
Do not just focus on pin or repin. Be a humble user and healthy contributor to the social community of Pinterest by liking, commenting, sharing and thanking the users who add pins from your boards.
Share interesting and unique images on Face book and Twitter.
Monitor your Pinterest statistics
By using the Pinterest and Google Analytics, scrutinize your performance on Pinterest.
Get to know about very useful aspects like:
- Which days and time period that you pin on, fetch the best output?
- Which boards are famous and have more followers? Then you can use these boards frequently.
Capitalize On Visual Interest
Placement of boards has great significance. Place the popular, significant and inter related boards in the center of your page including the top and the middle. (A study by Mashable helped to give a priceless insight in to how people view the boards of individual users on Pinterest. Most people focus on the center of the screen and they move eyes straight on the middle of the boards to get number of views)
Choose engaging and attractive images for each board cover.
Make sure that all the prominent boards are lying above the fold (the top of any page when visible on the screen)
Refresh your boards by changing the board covers and arrange them at regular intervals.
Ensure that you position seasonal boards in the top row if you have any.
By making a proper Pinterest Business account, you can greatly increase the number of sale opportunities as well as reinforce the relationship with the potential customers. The visual features of Pinterest have proven record of accomplishment of engaging a viewer to become a customer. By staying involved on Pinterest, your business can get a huge number of benefits by more traffic and better sales growth.