Most of us love playing games on our computers, tablets, and smartphones. However, the games that we play on our consoles and computers do a much better job of creating a realistic experience. Video games are not only great for bonding with people we know, they are also a good medium for making new friends as well.
Here is how you can get the most out of modern video games:
Watch your expenses:
Heavy video game titles, especially when they just come out, are quite expensive. Some games cost even more than $50. Most people find such prices to be unreasonable. That does not mean you always have to spend a fortune in order to enjoy these games.
Here are some ways to enjoy games at cheaper rates.
- Wait for a few months after the games have been released, because prices come down quite significantly
- Shop on holidays and events, especially on Cyber Monday, when you get crazy discounts
- Consider buying legitimate used games from the market, as they are considerably cheaper
However, do not buy pirated games, because it takes away the fun. Also, if you are playing online games, then your copy needs to be licensed and registered to get all the features.
Playing family friendly games
Many games out there are meant to be played exclusively by adults, and they might even contain a bit of profanity. If you want to enjoy the gaming experience with your children, then you will want to avoid such titles. The best way to find out is to check for the ESRB ratings. They are very much like movie ratings that separate adult content from family friendly ones.
Here are some things you should do to make your experience better:
- Set up a family online account on your consoles, so you can save your history and continue from where you left off the last time
- When you enable the internet on your console, make sure that the privacy settings are enabled the way you want
- Disable automatic payments for in-game upgrades, as kids might inadvertently choose the wrong options and waste money
- Game strategies to help you succeed
- Some of the console games that come out today have complex strategies. You will take a while to get the hang of them.
If you play a lot of first person shooter (or FPS) games:
- Make sure you play individually for a while, so that you understand how all the options work
- Do not reload your gun in the game. Always hide or crouch when reloading, else another player can kill you while reloading
- The key to doing well in shooter games is staying alive, so it is always defense first
- Save your games at different points, so you can go back to a previous state if you don’t like what you did.
Console games are not just entertainment, but also give the brain and body workout. They also help children in developing many physical and mental skills. More importantly, they let you relieve your stress after a hard day’s work.